Four Kanpur women's colleges ban jeans, tight tops on campus
... Principal of Dayanand Girls Degree College Meeta Jamal said the move would prevent "eve teasing" near the college campus. "Often girls wearing tight clothes and jeans are on target of eve teasers, therefore it is our duty to take the precautionary measures," she said.
Here are my top ten solutions for the eve teasing problem in India, guaranteed to secure me a place besides Meeta Jamal in the Densa Hall of Fame, :
- Ban the Old Testament. The boys won't know who Eve is.
- Make shaving, pigtails, and baggy unisex dress compulsory for everyone, so you can't tell the Eves from the Adams.
- Statutory warning in Bollywood movies
Watching this movie or listening to the songs causes the serious side effect of Compulsive Eve Teasing Disorder in teenage boys.
- 100% reservation for boys in all schools and colleges.
- Ban girls from all public places markets, train stations, airports, hospitals, you name it where they may encounter ogling boys.
- All girls shall be forcibly married before they reach puberty, and thereafter stay home and make rotis.
- Cover the girls from head to toe with burqua, and give them free iPods.
- Make breast ironing compulsory for all pubescent girls.
- Invite the Taliban and the Ram Sena to form a coalition government in New Delhi.
- Pack off all the boys to Australia.
Hat tip to Divs for the news link.