"What is the common strategic goal between India and USA? The USA attacked Iraq and now targetting Iran. Is it the same interest India has?," he asked.
For an answer to the question on the common tactical interest of the two nations, I urge the General Secretary to go back to school and complete a refresher course in geography and history. On their shared ideals and common long term goals, here are the top ten that must be giving the creeps to Mr. Karat and his colleagues buried in the "ash heap of history":
- On the right path to a free market for goods and services, with appropriate checks and balances.
- Fundamental rights to life, personal liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all citizens.
- A shared commitment to the removal of the veil of ignorance, and the advancement of knowledge and science.
- A shared commitment to education for all citizens, irrespective of their gender, religion, ethnicity, caste, and class.
- A secular constitution opposed to the establishment of religion by the State.
- A multi-ethnic and multi-religious society that is founded on the principle of equality before law.
- Rule of law based on reason, and not fantasy or religion.
- Governance by democracy, not by fiat.
- A serious threat to their freedom and ways of life from the theocratic and totalitarian states of the world.
- A commitment to freedom of information and expression, so Mr. Karat and his likes can accede to China's claims on Indian territory, and raise dollars for their causes in "Imperial" America.
Tell that to Presidents Hu Jintao and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Mr. Karat, for you know quite well that they'll block access to such blaphemies and radical ideas!
My advice to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh: I never thought I'd live to quote Vice President Cheney, but for once, Prime Minister Singh, please tell Mr. Karat, "Go f*** yourself"!